Sunday, November 18, 2007

Cooking Class at the Four Seasons...

Upon arrival we were greeted with a large table of gorgeous red floral arrangements. I could not stop staring at these beautiful flowers God created and the amount an arrangement like this must cost. These flowers were most likely shipped from Holland. Only the best and biggest here in Doha. And this was just the entrance, these floral arrangements were located throughout the entire hotel. Stunning!
Then we met our teacher, Chef Roberto Cannata. He was from Milan Italy, and had a very strong accent. I asked him what made him come to Doha and how he liked it here. He said, "They needed Italian food here and yes, he loved living in Doha."






So here was what was on the menu.....




  • Rucola Salad

  • Radicchio Lasagnetta with Thyme Vellutata and Truffle Oil

  • Strawberry in Green Pepper Corn Sugar

We were given our recipes, chef hat and apron. Then it was off to the kitchen to make our own lunch after scrubbing our hands clean, of course.


Chef Roberto put us to work, making the salad first, then chopping and cooking the rest of the meal. This lasagna was made with crepes instead of noodles and layered with red cabbage, which we were made to call "radiccio"! Chef Roberto kept saying this was not red cabbage it was "radiccio", but it was indeed red cabbage and we all knew it! We made this white "full cream" sauce that was poured in between the layers...it must have been 400 grams of fat per bite, but it was sooo worth it!

He showed us plenty of tricks of the trade and even showed us the various ways to present this dish on the plate.
Here I am cooking along the side of Chef Roberto. We are cooking the red cabbage down to use in the lasagna. This stove was sooo hot, my makeup was melting off. Cooking in the kitchen so no job for wimps or sissy's!



Here we were gearing up for some work ahead of us, all four of us live at Qipco, along with some others at this event, put on by the Pegasus Club. This is the second cooking class I've attended. The other one was a Cajun cooking class, but I forgot my camera. I actually have made and incorporated some things I learned from the Cajun cooking class. Not a total waste of energy and time.





A little chopping of the "red cabbage" and then a little cutting of some goat cheese for the salad.



I made a friend...now if I could just get him to come over and cook for us!
So you might be wondering if I have made this dish for my sweet husband? Well..... no, I have not, but I had a great time!!!

We were presented cooking certificates after lunch. Thanks for all those tips Chef Roberto!


Buon Appetito!!!


No comments: