Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Presentation Day

It was "Presentation Day" with the homeschool group we have joined, "Doha Home Educators". The very week we returned from Houston, the boys and I worked on preparing for this event.

Ethan wanted to do a presentation on the "Solar System". He is interested in this because his Daddy, is so interested in Astronomy.
(However, I"m sorry to say, I did not get a still photo of his presentation. I did get video, but the video was too long and it would not let me download it onto my blog page.)
Trust me, he did a wonderful job, he took time to speak clearly and look up at his audience. He told Erik and I the night before, that he was nervous about this day, but that he knew this was going to help him become a "leader of the church". This made my eyes tear up. I want to go to that church and be lead by him!!!! He's already my little leader.
Talking about pride, is it possible to be too proud of your children?!? I can hardly wait for the next "Presentation Day".

The rules were, that the student had to prepare to speak on anything he or she was interested in, and they could deliver their presentation in any way they wanted. Also, one other unfortunate rule was, no one could mention anything about religion. Simply because there were some muslim homeschoolers in this group and they did not want anyone to be offended.
So we complied, for the marjority of it...

Here is Evan, introducing himself in Spanish and English, and then saying his abc's and counting to 10 in Spanish. Not having to remember anything too challenging would prove to be a greater chance of sucess, and how successful he was! He got on up there and said what he had to say in front of all these people he barely knew, just like an old pro!

He made Mama proud! Way to go, Evan!!!




Here is Ryan he is so cute! He's 6 and he just read one of his favorite books. He was sure to show everyone the pictures.






These two brothers said a poem from memory! Great job guys!



This sister team reenacted a part of an medeival play. Also a great job!

No comments: