Thursday, September 4, 2008

Various Events in Doha...

A cooking class at the Movenpick Hotel...
Many of the finer hotels in Qatar offer cooking classes here. I have taken a couple, but this one was on Oriental stir-fry Asian cooking.
So after reserving 6 spots, I called on some friends and neighbors to take advantage of this opportunity to learn from the pros with me.
I love the fact that this class only allowed a maximum of 12.

Here we are...me, Karen, Master Chef Mastika (from China), Penny, Darla, Evelyn, and Denise is taking the picture.


So what's included?
We were invited to the hotel's breakfast at 8:30 am, with the class beginning at 9:15 in the conference room. Master Mastika cooked up 4 different types of Asian dishes, all recipes were included in our own folder. We were able to watch and ask questions, while sampling all four of the dishes prepared in front of us. The waitresses kept our glsses filled with fresh juices and water, good thing, because some of the dishes were quite spicy.


He provided recipes that included various ingredients that can be found here in Doha.
You can guess we were very grateful.

Then it was off to the kitchen to take a tour and watch them cook up what was offered to us for lunch at their 5 star resturant,"Wok Mee Noodle House".
Were we hungry? No. Were we going to pass up lunch at the "Wok Mee". Not a chance!!!

I love a resturant that allows you to to tour the kitchen. Don't you?

Here is what I ordered...chicken...what else. Even though I was about to bust, I ate every bite of this gingered chicken with noodles, yummy!

After lunch we were presented with a cooking certificate and an professional linen apron pictured on some of the first photos, with our own chef hats ( I got two for each of my boys).






Awesome fun! We hope to do it again soon.
Want to see the biggest fly in the World?
Here he is. He landed on our door step and I just happen to be passing by and it literally caught my eye and stayed long enough for me to call the boys and take a picture which was taken from inside my glass front door.
This picture does not show it's enormity. Trust me it was huge!
This is just for fun.
While parked at a red light and this truck pulled up next to us. I pulled out my camera and asked the guys if I could take a picture. After a thumbs up or maybe a strange look, we took this one before the lamb chops were made. They were cute and noisy.


Some relief from the heat.
Mrs. Penny pulled out her little water guy and let the kids play in the street.
Colin is behind Ethan in the first picture.
Then it was off to the pool with Daddy...
Here is our sweet next door neighbor Elizabeth. The boys love her so much!
And they love each other so much...
Coffee Morning...
It was my turn to host a coffee morning with our neighbors on First Avenue.
Here we have Nancy, Karen, Penny, and Deanna, all are from Houston except Deanna who is from San Antonio.
Here is Evelyn ( from Holland ) and Penny.
I served quiche, apple spice cake, fresh fruit and of course coffee.
An after dinner dessert...
So sorry Evan...I just could not resist....
Wondering what the red stuff is on his face and belly?
I always make the boys take off their shirts when eating spagetti (except at resturants and in front of company of course)! It's easier to clean the bellies than to clean the red sauce from their clothes.
The rule in my home is..."If you eat all your food you can have dessert (if there is any)"
Tonight it was chocolate fudge brownies...


Sooooo good Mom....look at my big belly!
There is something about chocolate that makes the kids so happy and Dads too!
Evan enjoyed this moment waaaay too much...
and so did I!!!

No comments: